Atlantic salmon recipes
make four Salmon meals in one!
Makes 4 servings
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- In small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lime juice and mustard. Marinate salmon in sauce in refrigerator for several hours or until ready to cook.
- In nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook salmon on each side, 3-5 minutes, until golden brown, crispy and just cooked through. Transfer salmon to platter.
- Add remaining honey glaze to skillet and simmer, stirring until mixture comes to boil. Return the salmon to the pan, heat thoroughly and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving : Calories 273, Protein (g) 35, Carbohydrate (g) 19, Fat (g) 6, Calories from Fat (%) 20, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Dietary Fiber (g) 0, Cholesterol (mg) 88, Sodium (mg) 400 Diabetic Exchanges: 5 very lean meat, 1 other carbohydrate
Strawberry/Kiwi Green Salad Topped with Salmon
8 cups mixed greens (Bibb, red leaf, spinach)
1½ cups sliced strawberries
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 green onion, chopped
1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ cup canola oil
- In large bowl, mix together greens, strawberries and kiwi.
- In small bowl, whisk together sesame seeds, green onion, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and oil. Refrigerate vinaigrette until ready to use.
- When ready to toss salad, add dressing gradually, top with precooked salmon and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving (without salmon) : Calories 106, Calories from fat 65%, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0 mg. Sodium 42mg. Carbohydrate 8g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g, Protein 2g, Dietary Exchanges: ½ fruit, 1½ fat
Simple Salmon Bisque
Makes 3 (1-cup) servings
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
¾ cup fat free half-and-half
¾ cup skim milk
2 teaspoons no-salt tomato paste
¼ cup white wine or chicken broth
1 cup cooked, skin removed, flaked salmon fillet
½ teaspoon dried dill weed leaves
Salt and white pepper to taste
- In large nonstick pot, melt butter and sauté onions about 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add flour, stirring one minute. Gradually, stirring constantly, add broth, half-and-half, milk and tomato paste. Bring to boil, reduce heat, stirring until mixture starts to thicken. Add wine and continue cooking until thickened.
- Add flaked salmon, dill weed and season to taste.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 214, Calories from fat 308% Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 27mg, Sodium 141mg, Carbohydrate 16g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 19g. Dietary exchanges: ½ starch, ½ fat free milk, 2 lean meat
Cut buns in half and layer salmon, sliced cucumber and dill sauce.
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 teaspoons dill weed
In small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Enjoy!